Booting PAUSE (15-seconds) in DragonFly BSD and Intel NUC DN2820FYKH - FreeBSD bugs ported

Dmitry Postolov dpostolov at yandex.ru
Sun Jan 22 20:49:29 PST 2017

Hi to all DragonFly BSD users and developers!

Sorry for my bad English...

My problem:

Booting PAUSE (15-seconds) in DragonFly BSD and Intel NUC DN2820FYKH - FreeBSD bugs ported.

DragonFly BSD and Intel NUC DN2820FYKH second revision with CPU Intel N2830. Latest Bios at this time. Issue: On NUC 2820 2-nd rev. is PAUSE (15-seconds) on booting process. On NUC5PPYH there is no this problem.

Video: DragonFly BSD on Intel NUC DN2820FYKH (the problem is observed): https://yadi.sk/i/kWmRhllZ3APP9g

Video: DragonFly BSD on Intel NUC5PPYH (no problem): https://yadi.sk/i/YBccQcXm3APPBC

---

FreeBSD/TrueOS Bugreport: https://github.com/trueos/trueos-core/issues/241

FreeBSD/TrueOS and Intel NUC DN2820FYKH second revision with CPU Intel N2830. Latest Bios at this time. Issue: On NUC 2820 2-nd rev. is PAUSE on booting process. On NUC5PPYH there is no this problem.

Video: latest TrueOS case and NUC DN2820FYKH (the problem is observed): https://yadi.sk/i/OJK41wWM34Na38

Video: latest TrueOS case and NUC5PPYH. (no problem): https://yadi.sk/i/W4lYKnAS34NaBC

Its recommended to download the videos and watch it in video player, if the problems are observed.

---

Answer of Pkgdemon Developer:

Fixed in:

5d1c102

This was caused by the splash getting turned on with boot_mute. On some systems where the splash cannot be rendered it will cause this. Until we have a way for the user to turn it off we are leaving it off for now.

---

But I am (Dmitry) dont tested this bugfix yet in TrueOS/FreeBSD and I dont know why this problem is observed in DragonFly BSD (no splash?).

Intel NUC DN2820FYKH: dmitry at dfly772% uname -a
DragonFly dfly772.local 4.7-DEVELOPMENT DragonFly v4.7.0.1200.gae24b-DEVELOPMENT #0: Thu Jan 19 11:47:13 UTC 2017     root at pkgbox64.dragonflybsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/X86_64_GENERIC  x86_64

---

best regards,
Dmitry Postolov