Unable to recover hammer volume.

jscottkasten at yahoo.com jscottkasten at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 16 05:32:38 PST 2017

Hi guys,

I've tried searching the answer for this, but cannot find any proper discussion on the topic.

I have a hammer volume that had to be forced into an unclean shutdown.  There are some files and/or folders that now have CRC errors.  When the damaged data is encountered, it causes hammer to report a critical error and remount the file system as READ ONLY.  Thus, I am unable to delete or remove the bad data in any way to recover the file system to an operable state.

Is there some tool that I should run on the file system to do this???  I know the bad data is restricted to a small number of folders.  Would love to somehow purge it so the volume can be returned to normal operation.  It's a 2TB volume, so I'm hoping I don't have to reformat and re-create the volume.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,
-J. Scott Kasten-