4.8.0 to 4.8.1 update requirements

Adam Jensen hanzer at riseup.net
Wed Aug 23 07:20:36 PDT 2017

On Wed, 23 Aug 2017 15:53:14 +0300
Antonio Olivares <olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The school is blocking access to many sites.    I will have to wait
> for them to sort it out.  I will get back and ask for help if I get in
> trouble.  Thanks to all for your help.  I was at some workshops when
> the network was working correctly, but when I got a chance to try the
> school implemented ``The Great Fire(WALL) of China :)`` to block
> access.  The kids still get around these "firewalls" :(  They also
> have their phones ready to bypass anything thrown at them.
> Unfortunately the kids only know windows and iphones/android systems
> :(, not bsd systems so I could get their help.

It seems extraordinarily bizarre that an educational institution would interfere with access to a software development project like dfbsd. I suppose it is probably incompetence - they are attempting to wield authority that they are not fit to manage. It might be possible to circumvent the tardwall through a Tor proxy.

<https://www.torproject.org/>
<http://www.freshports.org/security/tor/>
<http://www.freshports.org/net/torsocks/>
<http://www.freshports.org/security/obfsproxy/>

After installation and configuration, it can be used to get the source like this:

cd /usr/src && torsocks git fetch origin