Solved! Re: crontab not executing as regular user

Lanir lanir at cisns.net
Sun Apr 30 17:25:05 PDT 2017

If it's just the video output that's the problem try checking out this flag:

mplayer -vo null

Used this way it will not try to output any video at all and hopefully
skip the check for a display. If you only want the audio, this may keep
you from having a repeat issue later if your setup changes or you're not
logged in when it runs.