File changes propagating in older snapshots: what am I doing wrong?

Thomas Nikolajsen thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk
Tue Apr 11 10:58:55 PDT 2017

>A slave PFS doesn't even have a PFS root inode till it's once sync'd
>with a master.
>Until then one can't really do anything with it (can't even cd), but
>no document explains this.

It is actually described in hammer manual page, hammer.8, see below.

There is also hint in HAMMER manual page, where we have a better description of slave PFS usage IMO.

But we could use a more complete description of HAMMER usage; you are welcome to write it.

 -thomas

- 'man hammer'
https://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=hammer&section=8
..
pfs-slave dirpath [options]
..
	     You will not be able to access a slave
	     PFS until you have completed the first mirroring operation with
	     it as the target (its root directory will not exist until then).

- 'man HAMMER'
https://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=HAMMER&section=5
..
   Mirroring
..
     The /home/pfs/slave link is unusable for as long as no mirroring opera-
     tion has taken place.