Software versions in DPorts

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri Apr 14 11:19:49 PDT 2017

On 4/14/2017 04:04, Andrea wrote:
> Hi, I'm looking at DPorts and I see that most of the ports are at least
> a couple of months old. As an example firefox-51.0.1 and
> thunderbird-45.6.0 have multiple vulnerabilities fixed in more recent
> versions.

Are you confusing dports and packages?
Firefox is at 52.0 in dports right now which came in late march, and in
2 days it will be at 53.0 once the stage branch is merged with master.

Packages /= ports.
If one can't wait for packages (which are a best effort convenience)
then one always has the option to build from dports using synth.

John