Re: Random server crashes every few weeks (smp_invltlb: endless loop […] retrysmp_invltlb: ipi sent)

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Mon Sep 5 14:25:12 PDT 2016

A fix for at least one indefinite wait buffer bug has gone into
master.(commit 10c39de26c1356d0).  It has not been put into the release
branch yet as it needs testing.  It's possible that this is related to the
bug you reported because the bug can occur when the system is paging
to/from swap while also reading and writing to the filesystem.  So, e.g.
any swap activity or paging during a buildworld or something like that.

-Matt