Cannot put to sleep HP Compaq notebook

Aaron LI aaronly.me at outlook.com
Tue Oct 11 08:29:12 PDT 2016

Giovanni Gigante <giov-debian at deepsky.it> writes:

> Aaron LI wrote:
>> As far as I known, DragonFly currently does NOT support any
>> suspend/resume :(
>
> Are you sure about this? The Handbook [1] has some discussion about ACPI
> and suspend/resume, so I thought there could be *some* kind of support,
> although perhaps not working for my particular notebook model.
>
> [1] https://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/handbook/Configuration/#index15h2

Sorry, I'm not sure :(

It would be great if some developers can confirm the current
suspend/resume support status in DragonFly.

As for your linked page on ACPI, it was written by alexh on 2010
according the history, and hasn't been updated since then.  And I think
those ACPI/suspend/resume guides are almost the same as FreeBSD's.

On the other hand, there seems no discussions about suspend/resume
support on the IRC #dragonflybsd as far as I know.

Cheers
--
Aly