IPv4 in last Dragonfly

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Wed Oct 5 06:42:24 PDT 2016

DHCP isn't on by default on the live image.  Is this what you mean?
If you are logged in as 'root' instead of 'installer', you can start a
DHCP client by typing "dhclient em0"  Substitute your correct
interface name for em0.  You can get a list with ifconfig.

One of the post-install steps you can do is configure networking,
before quitting the installer.  Or, you can put ifconfig_em0="DHCP" in
/etc/rc.conf after install.  (substitute your network card name again)

You may already know how to configure all this; I am being verbose to
make sure everything is covered.