extreme network latency

Richard Nyberg rnyberg at murmeldjur.se
Sun Oct 16 08:49:40 PDT 2016

Thanks!

Here are some more datapoints.

Yeah the switch for the lan is a simple Netgear GS105. My previous df
gateway was connected in the same way, also with an internal em0,

Turning pf off does not help.
Switching cable and port between df and the switch does not help.
Pinging www.google.com on the external interface from df gives
consistant < 2 ms so it's on the internal interface the problem is.
Pinging from a device on wifi (access point connected to the same
switch) to df also gives very high latency.
Pinging from the same wifi device to my desktop gives good latency.
Pinging from df to my desktop gives bad latency.