uefi BIOS utilities on master

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Tue Nov 22 18:20:31 PST 2016

We've done an initial port of the FreeBSD UEFI BIOS call feature and
related module ("efirt") which allows doing things such as setting UEFI's
non-volatile variables.  We want users to be aware that this code is
*extremely* experimental.  And second, it is possible to permanently brick
your machine (as one of our developers found out the hard way) if you play
with it.

So even though this code is now present, we do not recommend that anyone
use it unless they are willing to lose their motherboard (!).  The module
is not loaded by default.