skylake video

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:35:02 PDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 9:07 PM, Bernard Mentink <bmentink at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Carsten,
>
> Will starting compton also allow my bar to work in 3D instead of 2D ( Cairo
> Dock)?
> Do I just execute compton while I am in an X session ....

I only use compton to force vsync and otherwise rely on Xmonad,
so I don't have any experience with trying Cairo dock, but I can
confirm that OpenGL still works when compton is running, if that's
what you're asking.

But I'd suggest to try DRI3 and TearFree or first just TearFree
to see how well it solves the tearing issues. I'm testing Accelaration "glamor"
with DRI "3" and TearFree "true" right now and no compton at all.
Let's see if this works without video corruption and tearing for
a long time...