mount usb stick as user

Bernardino Gonzalez fullmatad at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 14:38:57 PDT 2016

I also had a bit of an issue with this.  Mounting as user once was easy enough but setting it up to persist between reboots is where I ran into some trouble.
The doc says to add "fd0   root:operator   666" to /etc/devices.conf (that was a floppy ex., fd0 should be replaced with your usb label).

In order to get it to work I had to add the line "perm   da8*  root:operator 666" and that was to  /etc/devfs.conf not  /etc/devices.conf.

This was of course, after making sure I was in the operator group and setting vfs.usermount=1 in /etc/sysctl.

    On Saturday, May 21, 2016 10:32 PM, Tomohiro Kusumi <kusumi.tomohiro at gmail.com> wrote:

 > there's no usb

usb stick (usb mass storage class) IS a block device, as your url
explains how to mount block devices.