skylake video

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Wed May 11 12:07:16 PDT 2016

Hi Carsten,

Will starting compton also allow my bar to work in 3D instead of 2D ( Cairo
Dock)?
Do I just execute compton while I am in an X session ....

Cheers

On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 5:09 AM, Carsten Mattner <carstenmattner at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:31 PM, karu.pruun <karu.pruun at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you post your xorg.conf to force vsync etc? How did you start
> compton?
>
> To be clear I don't have a Skylake machine but here's how I configure
> things.
>
> Sometimes video output corrupts in mpv and then it helps
> to compton as well, if you didn't see tearing at first and
> hadn't compton running.
>
> compton --backend xr_glx_hybrid --vsync opengl-swc
>
> I've been told the following xorg setting should not be required
> and enabled automatically, but it doesn't hurt here. To also be
> clear this doesn't actually force vsync but compton does that:
>
> Option      "TearFree"    "true"
> Option      "SwapbuffersWait" "true"
>
> I didn't try glamor acceleration and the default of the intel
> driver is SNA for some time now, as everybody uses the
> 3.0 pre-release versions.
>
> $ cat ~/.config/mpv/config
> hwdec=vaapi
> vo=opengl

*BSD is what you get when a bunch of UNIX hackers sit down to try to port a
UNIX system to the PC. Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit
down and try to write a UNIX system for the PC*