master now has a complete resync for wifi support

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Mon May 23 22:09:42 PDT 2016

Master now has a complete wifi resync from FreeBSD which needs testing.  So
far we've only been able to test ATH, IWN, IWM, and a few others.  Testing
is needed (suggested only for those already running master who already know
how the wifi stuff works and already had a working setup).

This means we now have the single-interface mechanism that simplifies the
driver code, so for example if you have a ATH wifi, ATH should probe and
attach but will not show up as an interface.  Instead it will show up in a
list from 'sysctl net.wlan.devices'.

The rc.conf setup remains unchanged and will create the appropriate wlan
device and attach the wifi nic to it.  Only the wlan netif will show up in
ifconfig now.