skylake video

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Thu May 12 02:36:58 PDT 2016

So far no luck. Combining these (on skylake, i915)

(1) compton --backend xr_glx_hybrid
(2) compton --backend glx
(3) Tearfree + SwapbuffersWait

gives tearing:

(1) + (3): tearing and hang
(2) + (3): tearing
(2): some tearing and slow

in addition, keyboard and mouse become sluggish on occasion.

I am using MATE but that should not matter. In sum, so far the
fastest, tearfree desktop I had with

Option "AccelMethod" "none"

Strangely, now this also gives sluggish mouse and unusable keyboard.

Peeter