default sensorsd.conf change

Constantine Aleksandrovich Murenin C++ at Cns.SU
Wed May 25 14:35:56 PDT 2016

Hi Lanir,

Lack of the decimal places in sensorsd.conf has never been an issue
with sensorsd on OpenBSD; is DragonFly's strtod(3) somehow different
to the one in OpenBSD?

    http://bxr.su/d/usr.sbin/sensorsd/sensorsd.c#get_val

    http://bxr.su/o/lib/libc/gdtoa/strtod.c#strtod

    http://mdoc.su/f/strtod.3

I think the issue you're encountering is instead documented in the
CAVEATS part of sensorsd.conf(5):

    http://bxr.su/d/usr.sbin/sensorsd/sensorsd.conf.5#172

172.Sh CAVEATS
173Alert functionality is triggered every time there is a change in
sensor state;
174for example, when
175.Xr sensorsd 8
176is started,
177the status of each monitored sensor changes
178from undefined to whatever it is.

Cheers,
Constantine.