DFly versus PC-BSD on a Laptop

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:01:53 PDT 2016

Hi All,

Currently I am running PC-BSD on a Sony Vaio Laptop with Gnome desktop and
it runs quite well.
I was wondering about re-installing DFly on it instead. Can anyone tell me
if I am going to get performance increase(i.e better kernel) and faster
file system with Hammer versus ZFS?

I need to have lot's of incentive to make the move ;)

Cheers,
Bernie

*BSD is what you get when a bunch of UNIX hackers sit down to try to port a
UNIX system to the PC. Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit
down and try to write a UNIX system for the PC*