Serving up Plex/TV

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Wed May 4 13:17:57 PDT 2016

Hi Guys,

I am very new to DragonFlyBSD and have just installed it on some hardware
to play with and also installed the  Lumina desktop.

My interest is in setting up a server to do mainly file and Plex serving
tasks.

However I can't see any of my necessary apps in the Repo.
These are:

1. Plex Media Server
2. Tvheadend

Tvheadend will need cuse4bsd.ko kernel module and the webcamd driver to
expose my dvb-t device nodes to tvheadend .. (these are all available on
FreeBSD)

Has any porting effort gone into any of these programs? Or am I on my own
.... ;)

Cheers,
Bernie

*BSD is what you get when a bunch of UNIX hackers sit down to try to port a
UNIX system to the PC. Linux is what you get when a bunch of PC hackers sit
down and try to write a UNIX system for the PC*