Using ‚at‘ as regular user

Bomrek Koganvutram 232.20711 at chiffre.aleturo.com
Mon Mar 14 07:48:52 PDT 2016

* Justin Sherrill on Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 10:11:22AM -0400:
> > Did I forget to do something else to make this work?  I am hesitant to
> > believe that this is a but—according to git the relevant code is from
> > 2010, and it seems unlikely that I’m the first one in six years to
> > encounter it.  Or does indeed nobody use ‚at‘ anymore…? :o)
>
> If neither /var/at/at.allow or /var/at/at/deny exist, only root can
> use at, going by the 'at' man page.
>
> I think most people are using cron, or at least I am.

I al already this far.  /var/at/at.deny exists and is empty.  If I
remote it, ‚at‘ rejects me outright and tells me that I am not allowed
to use it.  If it exists, I can place new jobs (hence, access to ‚at‘
works), but my jobs don’t get executed because of this… bug.

I am using cron as well, but for different purposes.  For some one-off
things such as ‚do remove this file in two months‘, ‚at‘ is just the
right tool.