Adding Disks + slave mirroring

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Mon Mar 7 08:17:47 PST 2016

On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 9:54 PM, Predrag Punosevac <punosevac72 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The gpt part is pretty easy and I have no problem following man pages
> but I am getting stuck with disklabel64 manpages. Namely examples are
> mostly referring how to creat boot disks. I am actually stuck with
> creating slices. Could anybody kindly point me to the documentation?
> I looked new Handbook but unlike the old

​I can't find the doc either, but here's an example from one of my scripts
(substitute your own parameters):​

gpt add -s 1817210221 /dev/serno/${ssd_serno}
​ (gpt will use whatever is the next free entry in the table for the new
slice, s1 in my case because the disk already has s0)​
disklabel64 -r -w /dev/serno/${ssd_serno}.
​s1​
auto
disklabel64 /dev/serno/${ssd_serno}.
​s1​