Trouble running KDE or Gnome

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 11:37:36 PDT 2016

Hi Peeter,

Thanks for that, that was very helpful.
Good to have confirmation that Gnome does not work at the moment .....

Thanks also for the hints regarding pciconf ...

Now the only other issue I have running KDE is that when I enable sound on
my platform by loading the snd_hda module, I get  pulseaudio taking up 100%
of one of my cpu cores ...
Sound works ok though .... any idea what goes on there? do I have to adjust
some pulseaudio parameters?

Cheers,
Bernie