PulseAudio 100% cpu usage under KDE

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 13:27:23 PDT 2016

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the update. Pulseaudio has been the bane of many people for a
longtime .... seems it would be best without it if possible.

Is there anyway to get the Gnome sound setting UI (for example) to use OSS
instead of pulse?  .... or maybe some shim layer between pulse API calls
and OSS ... (not ideal I know)

Actually, I don't even know if the sound system is OSS in DFly, I know it
is in FreeBSD .... documentation is a bit missing on the sound side I am
afraid.

Matt, very impressed with the speed/responsiveness of the kernel and Hammer
..... awesome work ...

Konstantin:

First comand returns:
 DFly% pkg query -i "%n - %Ok: %Ov" | grep -i pulse
alsa-plugins - PULSEAUDIO: off
chromium - PULSEAUDIO: off
espeak - PULSEAUDIO: off
ffmpeg - PULSEAUDIO: off
freerdp - PULSEAUDIO: off
gtk-vnc - PULSEAUDIO: on
libao - PULSEAUDIO: off
libcanberra-gtk3 - PULSEAUDIO: off
ptlib - PULSEAUDIO: off
pulseaudio - ALSA: off
pulseaudio - AVAHI: on
pulseaudio - BASH: off
pulseaudio - GCONF: off
pulseaudio - JACK: off
pulseaudio - SIMD: on
pulseaudio - ZSH: off
sdl - PULSEAUDIO: off
speech-dispatcher - PULSEAUDIO: off
spice-gtk - PULSEAUDIO: off

Second Command:

pulseaudio-8.0: gnome-settings-daemon-3.18.2_2
pulseaudio-8.0: gnome-shell-3.18.4_2
pulseaudio-8.0: gtk-vnc-0.5.4_1
pulseaudio-8.0: empathy-3.12.11_1

Cheers,