Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sun Jul 17 02:50:14 PDT 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 08, 2016 at 03:17:43PM +0300, karu.pruun wrote:

> I have an inbuilt graphics device (Intel HD Graphics: vgapci1 and it's the
> boot video device) and another one attached to PCIe (NVIDIA GeForce GT
> 330M). When I load i915
>
> kldload i915
>
> the system (DragonFly 4.5) gets stuck, the screen is frozen at console. I
> can only connect an external keyboard and press Ctrl-Alt-Del which gives a
> reboot. Am I wrong to suppose that loading i915 should work on a machine
> that has two graphics devices?

It should and it does: that's almost exactly the same setup I have on my
desktop box (albeit the nvidia card is setup as the boot device).

The Geforce GT 330M is apparently a mobile device.
What is your hardware exactly ? If this is a laptop, it is possible the two
GPUs are not independent but use something marketed as "optimus technology"
which is currently unsupported by the DragonFly graphics stack.

--
Francois Tigeot