Random server crashes every few weeks (smp_invltlb: endless loop […] retrysmp_invltlb: ipi sent)

Stefan Unterweger 232.20711 at chiffre.aleturo.com
Thu Jul 7 00:31:47 PDT 2016

* Sepherosa Ziehau on Wed, Jul 06, 2016 at 09:22:56AM +0800:
> > * Matthew Dillon on Fri, May 27, 2016 at 10:08:06AM -0700:
> >> Virtio (for block storage devices) could be the cause.  There are known
> >> bugs in the DragonFly driver for virtio which haven't been tracked down yet
> >> (not enough of the devs are using virtual hosting to be able to reproduce
> >> the problem in a debugable way).
>
> Can you try the latest master?  I think it has been fixed there.

So, the patch is finally in.  At least from the first superficial
glances, the system now feels more stable than before: a big Synth
upgrade marathon previously easily got the machine down, yesterday it
went through.  I’ll have to do a few more stress tests, perhaps on a
second machine, before I can tick that off.

I’ll keep you posted.
    Stefan

--
Die Internetbleibe.  Schick, magisch, leistungsstark.
https://internetbleibe.de/

medoly media UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Hausburgstr. 13, 10249 Berlin

E-Mail: info at medolymedia.de
Telefon 030 - 609 826 560
Fax 030 - 609 826 569
Website: https://medolymedia.de/

Geschäftsführer: Matthias Nothhaft, HRB 131198 (Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg), Sitz: Berlin, USt-ID: DE275221203