Lockups during hammer cleanup

Tim Darby t+dfbsd at timdarby.net
Fri Jul 22 11:53:01 PDT 2016

I'm seeing this on two different machines for the same hammer filesystem
(one machine is the master, the other is the slave for that fs):

hammer -v cleanup /volumes/BACKUP2/pfs/media
cleanup /volumes/BACKUP2/pfs/media - handle PFS #1 using
/var/hammer/volumes/BACKUP2/pfs/media
           snapshots - skip
               prune - skip
           rebalance - skip
             reblock - run
    hammer -c /var/hammer/volumes/BACKUP2/pfs/media/.reblock-1.cycle -t 300
reblock-btree /volumes/BACKUP2/pfs/media

<machine locks up here, nothing on the console>

I was able to get it to complete eventually by reducing the time for
reblock and recopy to 30 seconds. If it goes longer than that, it locks.

Tim