Random server crashes every few weeks (smp_invltlb: endless loop […] retrysmp_invltlb: ipi sent)

Stefan Unterweger 232.20711 at chiffre.aleturo.com
Mon Jul 18 01:34:14 PDT 2016

* Matthew Dillon on Sun, Jul 17, 2016 at 10:21:04AM -0700:
> The smp_invltlb() issue should hopefully be fixed in the latest master but
> the code has not been well-tested yet.
>
> The cause of the original issue you reported is not entirely known (its an
> issue with one of the other cpu cores, not the one that generated the
> message and backtrace), but it is usually able to self-recover from it.
> The new code should work a lot better.
>
> -Matt

Right now I’m running edca023af (plus or minus two commits) and at least
it feels as if there are already some slight improvements there.
Before, with the release kernel, after such a backtrace parts of the
network stack would just stop responding with just pings going through.
Now, I at least get a day’s worth of forewarning.

I’ll try out the latest master as soon as I can get the downtime
scheduled.  Thanks yet again for all the work you are doing for this
weird problem, it is very much appreciated. :o)

    Stefan

--
Die Internetbleibe.  Schick, magisch, leistungsstark.
https://internetbleibe.de/

medoly media UG (haftungsbeschränkt), Hausburgstr. 13, 10249 Berlin

E-Mail: info at medolymedia.de
Telefon 030 - 609 826 560
Fax 030 - 609 826 569
Website: https://medolymedia.de/

Geschäftsführer: Matthias Nothhaft, HRB 131198 (Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenburg), Sitz: Berlin, USt-ID: DE275221203