Kernel panic on boot at dm_crypt

Stefan Unterweger 232.20711 at chiffre.aleturo.com
Tue Jul 5 16:04:47 PDT 2016

Since I’m currently stuck staring at rebooting screeny anyway, I thought
I might as well copy the contents of the kernel page as plain text, for
easier reference.  I hope I haven’t mistyped too many of those horribly
long memory addresses in the process.

cpuid = 0; lapic->id    = 00000000
fault virtual address   = 0xffffffe07ff40318
fault code              = supervisor write data, page not present
instruction pointer     = 0x8:0xffffffff80606056
stack pointer           = 0x10:0xffffffe0b6140810
frame pointer           = 0x10:0xffffffe0b6140850
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                        = DPL 0, pres 1, long 0, def32 0, gran 1
processor eflags        = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process         = Idle
kernel: type 12 trap, code=0

CPU0 stopping CPUs: 0x0000000e
 stopped
Stopped at     mpipe_alloc_callback+0x13d:    movq    %rcv,(%rax)
db>

Cheers,
    Stefan

* Stefan Unterweger on Tue, Jul 05, 2016 at 11:54:23PM +0200:

--
Diplomacy is being able to tell people to go to hell in such a way that
they actually look forward to the trip.