tips for writing img to usb thumb drive

jungle Boogie jungleboogie0 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 18:16:59 PST 2016

Hi Justin,
On 2 January 2016 at 14:11, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
> For whatever reason, the operating system can't find a network interface to
> use and mount from.  My unsubstantiated guess is that the network card in
> that Asus is either not supported or it is maybe one of the cards that
> requires a firmware load.  I am not somewhere right now that I can check the
> hardware stats to see.  You could search the DragonFly man pages using the
> network device model number and see what it says to do, if you get a match.

I now have DragonFly installed on the asus! From the boot menu, I
selected the option to escape into the loader prompt and from there I
did loadall. I kicked off the installer and it boots up now.
However, when I do ifconfig, I don't see the re0 driver for the wired
connection. I do see the ath0 for wireless, but there must be some
problem in my /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf because I can't connect to the
wifi network.

This is showing a RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI express gigabit ethernet
controller for the wired connection
and for wifi: aualcomm atheros ar9485 wireless network adepter.

I believe both of these are supported on FreeBSD so I'm surprised to
have difficulties with it on DragonFly.

ifconfig and pciconf -lv pictures: http://imgur.com/a/0NbAc

Are either one of these drivers not going to work with dfly? I

--
-------
inum: 883510009027723
sip: jungleboogie at sip2sip.info