tips for writing img to usb thumb drive

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sat Jan 2 14:11:50 PST 2016

For whatever reason, the operating system can't find a network interface to
use and mount from.  My unsubstantiated guess is that the network card in
that Asus is either not supported or it is maybe one of the cards that
requires a firmware load.  I am not somewhere right now that I can check
the hardware stats to see.  You could search the DragonFly man pages using
the network device model number and see what it says to do, if you get a
match.

For a crazy solution, you could put the Asus device hard drive in something
else, install there, and put the drive back in the Asus.  It may still have
issues with the network but at least the system will be on there to work
with.