Problem with wifi connection capped at 10 kB/s

Tino Breddin t at tolbrino.com
Sat Feb 6 01:58:01 PST 2016

Hi,

I've installed DragonflyBSD 4.4.1 on a Dell XPS 13 to compare it against
FreeBSD. The installation went without problems. However, using wifi via
urtwn0 on WPA2 networks I always get traffic capped at roughly 10.2
kB/s. Every once in a while it jumps to 20.5 kB/s. I confirmed to same
behaviour on multiple wifi networks, but can't test on Ethernet at the
moment since I'm lacking an adapter.

No other machine on the network experiences such a cap and using other
OSes on the same machine also doesn't result in this issue. So I'm
wondering what I'm doing wrong here.

Since the cap seems so specific, maybe someone has a pointer on where to
look in the configs or so.

Thanks,
Tino