new to zfs and bsd

Vasily Postnicov shamaz.mazum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:29:04 PDT 2016

ZFS is only supported on FreeBSD, as far as i know. UFS is more or less
standard in BSD world, but DragonFlyBSD has its own filesystem called
HAMMER in addition to UFS. I always use GPT on FreeBSD, both on systems
with BIOS and UEFI, but on DragonFlyBSD, something called BSD disklabel is
used. Can only suggest you reading  wikipedia article about it.