NFS daemon is very slow in server-to-client direction in TCP mode

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 18:11:49 PDT 2016

This is a very interested thread. I just played little bit with dd on my
desktop machine running OpenBSD 5.9 amd64 NFS-client. NFS server runs on
DragonFly BSD 4.4.2. No optimization of any kind has been done. My home
network is 1 Gigabit. I will play over the weekend with various block
sizes and try to use iozone to get something more interesting.

UDP mount

write: 17.014003 MB/s
read: 22.397014 MB/s

TCP mount:

write: 9.338817 MB/s
read: 20.47062 MB/s

Best,
Predrag

P.S. Yes under the NFS DF is using HAMMER so I am able to get history,
snapshot, and all that nifty stuff.