rtadvd/rtadvctl from FreeBSD

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Sep 17 23:54:03 PDT 2015

:I have been experimenting with IPv6 SLAAC, using Dfly as a
:router. In particular, I wanted DNS information distributed via
:router advertisements, as specified in RFC 6106. FreeBSD 10.1's
:rtadvd daemon does this, so I incorporated it and its companion
:utility, rtadvctl, into the DragonFly base system
:
:This wasn't too hard. I copied the code into my local /usr/src
:repo (I'm working off of DragonFly_RELEASE_4_2), updated a system
:include file in netinet to define some stuff needed by the
:programs and rebuilt the world.. It compiles cleanly and seems to
:work, although I have not done super exhaustive testing. Would
:you like the diff that incorporates it? How does the contribution
:process work?
:
:Chuck

    Yes, we'd like to see it.  Sounds like something we should include
    in base as well.  You can submit the patch via the bug reporting
    system, http://bugs.dragonflybsd.org/

					<dillon at backplane.com>