Packages

nans_nans1 at yahoo.de nans_nans1 at yahoo.de
Tue Sep 15 11:06:12 PDT 2015

So can i do a

cd /usr
make dports-create-shallow

and build my own packages?

John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> schrieb am Di, 15.9.2015:

 Betreff: Re: Packages
 An: users at dragonflybsd.org
 Datum: Dienstag, 15. September, 2015 19:32 Uhr

 On 9/15/2015 5:48 PM, nans_nans1 at yahoo.de
 wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > on our server runs DF 3.8.
 > But now when i try to install packages i
 get the following messages:

 > #pkg ins bash

 Updating Avalon repository catalogue...

 pkg: http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:3.8:x86:64/LATEST/meta.txz:
 Not Found
 > pkg: repository Avalon
 has no meta file, using default settings
 > pkg: http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:3.8:x86:64/LATEST/digests.txz:
 Not Found
 > pkg: Unable to update
 repository Avalon

 Whats the problem here?

 We only keep 3 sets of packages: master, latest
 release, and release
 before that.  SO
 that's 4.4, 4.2, and 4.0.  The 3.8 packages were
 removed long ago.  The mirror doesn't have
 the resources to keep old
 packages
 forever.

 Note that 4.0
 isn't even maintained, so we are providing packages for
 1
 EOL releases already.

 You can always build your own packages.  Since
 3.8 isn't tested anymore,
 I'd use
 the git tag for 4.2 packages (when 3.8 fell off).

 John