Packages

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Tue Sep 15 10:32:19 PDT 2015

On 9/15/2015 5:48 PM, nans_nans1 at yahoo.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on our server runs DF 3.8.
> But now when i try to install packages i get the following messages:
>
> #pkg ins bash
> Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
> pkg: http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:3.8:x86:64/LATEST/meta.txz: Not Found
> pkg: repository Avalon has no meta file, using default settings
> pkg: http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/dports/dragonfly:3.8:x86:64/LATEST/digests.txz: Not Found
> pkg: Unable to update repository Avalon
>
> Whats the problem here?

We only keep 3 sets of packages: master, latest release, and release
before that.  SO that's 4.4, 4.2, and 4.0.  The 3.8 packages were
removed long ago.  The mirror doesn't have the resources to keep old
packages forever.

Note that 4.0 isn't even maintained, so we are providing packages for 1
EOL releases already.

You can always build your own packages.  Since 3.8 isn't tested anymore,
I'd use the git tag for 4.2 packages (when 3.8 fell off).

John