NAT IPv4, pass through IPv6?

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Tue Nov 3 18:45:23 PST 2015

I have a box with two NICs, em0 and em1, and a wireless called wlan0 which is
an IWN. Originally it was my gateway, with em0 connected to the WAN and em1 to
the LAN, and ran the IPv6 tunnel. Now I'm on a connection with eight IPv4
addresses (five usable) and a /64 of IPv6. I'm thinking ahead. I may want to
add more computers to the network. Let's say that zyxomma has on em0 these
addresses:
IPv4: 100.112.3.5
IPv6: 2001:dead:beef:c0de:123:4567:89ab:cdef
I'd like to add another computer, connected to em1, and it should get the
addresses:
IPv4: 192.168.7.100
IPv6: 2001:dead:beef:c0de:bead:edff:fede:cade
where the IPv4 address is handed out by zyxomma, but the IPv6 address is
handed out by the satellite modem. Is this possible?

What's the status of IWN support? I tested a fix a few years ago which got the
kernel to recognize the interface, but it couldn't turn on the carrier, or
couldn't tell that there was a carrier. That's where it is now, but I haven't
compiled the kernel lately.

Pierre
--
li ze te'a ci vu'u ci bi'e te'a mu du