HAMMER History

PeerCorps Trust Fund ipc at peercorpstrust.org
Sat May 16 07:15:19 PDT 2015

Exactly, which is kind of why I raised the question.

If HAMMER undo is able to restore a previously corrupted file from history, why then isn't this also comparable to a type of "healing" feature?

ZFS's scrub is automagic once set up via cron, but I can't really understand what makes it all that different from what HAMMER can do when corrupted files are found (assuming history is intact).

The second reason why I raised the question is because each time I read about the attributes of ZFS, the self-healing argument is often raised as being one of the so called ground-breaking features. But, HAMMER has similar capability in this regard it seems. It just doesn't appear that clearly in the list of bullet points in HAMMER's favor.

--
Mike