Call for testing: drm/i915 update to Linux 3.14

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Sat May 2 13:09:01 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have prepared an update of the drm/i915 gpu driver to Linux 3.14

It is available in this git branch:
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/~ftigeot/dragonfly.git/shortlog/refs/heads/drm_i915_linux_3_14v9
(detailled instructions below)

What you can expect:

* Most GEM code paths are now similar to Linux, leading to increased
  stability and performance

* Various unrelated bug fixes and performance improvements on all GPU
  generations.

* RC6 power savings enabled by default (depends on the chip family)

* Added support for Broadwell GPUs

I'm confident this branch doesn't introduce any major regression.
Given the scope of the changes it's worth it to give it some extented
testing before pushing it to -master though.
I had to modify the generic drm code and the drm/radeon driver a bit.

How to test the new branch:

* You must use a recent DragonFly 4.1 (-master) system
* git remote add leaf git://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~ftigeot/dragonfly.git
* git fetch leaf
* git checkout drm_i915_linux_3_14v9
* make kernel && reboot

--