DFBSD as a perimeter Firewall?

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Mar 20 04:07:03 PDT 2015

I've been using it for years as the edge of my home network.  I
haven't tried ipfw3; I've been using pf.  It has generally worked
well.  I had some trouble with different queuing mechanisms when I was
trying to integrate/prioritize outgoing VoIP traffic ... but it's hard
to tell if that was a problem with my setup or a problem with my ISP.