Problem with USB image install

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Thu Jul 23 05:08:10 PDT 2015

On Wed, Jul 22, 2015 at 11:48 PM, Ward H <wardh6973 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dang, I should really learn how to use pxe boot. I certainly have enough
> systems to use it.

There's not really any learning involved.  Boot the CD/USB stick on
another machine, and pick network install.  Connect the target machine
to the same network, and select 'network boot' or similar in the BIOS.
That's all it takes.

You will want to wire the computers directly together, or temporarily
turn off any DHCP server you have on your existing network, so that
the target computer boots from the installer's DHCP server and not
your normal one.