Graphics Support

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Jul 17 11:36:15 PDT 2015

You can run 'xrandr' (I think it will work with the VESA driver) to see
what your resolution options are.  The VESA driver is limited to what the
BIOS says it can do, and BIOSes are often broken in that regard.

In terms of the graphics outputs... what you need to do is carefully read
the specs for your motherboard.  Not all motherboards use the on-die GPU,
many also have a discrete radeon or nvidia chipsets.  If the motherboard
says it can do either you may be able to control which one is used with a
BIOS Setup option.  But it depends on the mobo.

-Matt