Graphics Support

Alex Merritt merritt.alex at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:21:14 PDT 2015

Thanks, Matt, I'll pursue the X path.

The module loads, but the prompt strangely does not change, despite the
edits to loader.conf. The dmesg log doesn't show any information that the
intel driver found a device; it only says it loaded.

When I configure xorg.conf with the driver to be "intel", X is unable to
complete, claiming no device is found. The log shows the shared object
loads for Intel, but it does not find any graphics device. The CPU is
i7-4800MQ which is Haswell.

With no xorg.conf configured, X loads fine into XFCE4 but I am not
convinced the resolution is 1920x1080 (the maximum).

Any suggestions for debugging this?

-Alex