DragonflyBSD, FAT32 and the interoperability

M M micman857 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 8 03:57:30 PDT 2015

On 07/06/2015 09:04 PM, Tomohiro Kusumi wrote:
 > for the ext2 part, there hasn't been much progress since i've been
busy lately, but there seems to be several bugs that need to get fixed.
 > freebsd has ext2 implementation that got rid of gpl code (code
directly from linux kernel) and if anyone would/can port it to dfly,
then we could abandon sys/gnu/vfs/ext2fs too.

Yes, I understand. The time is a problem for many people, also for me.
Unfortunately, I think that I have not an adeguate knowledge to port the
fbsd ext2 implementation to dfbsd. Otherwise I'd like to do this and
others pieces of work.

On 07/06/2015 09:29 PM, nans_nans1 wrote:
 > i had the same problem. my personal solution:
 > ufs + samba
 > works like a charm

So I think that at present the only ways to share data with other
operating systems is to create a FAT32 partition (if it works well) or
using UFS + Samba. I never thought of that. It seems very interesting. I
have begun to read some Samba documentation to try this solution.