Boot - enter key stuck?

Alex Merritt merritt.alex at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 12:02:51 PDT 2015

Hi all,

I installed DF onto a new system with three disks and a SuperMicro
motherboard. Ubuntu is on the first disk, and DF on the second. I
configured da0 with GRUB, and an entry that chainloads to da1. The DF
kernel boots, but prompts for the root file system; I have to manually
enter "ufs:da1s1a". It accepts and boots to a login, but after specifying
the mount root, it seems like the Enter key is held down. I am unable to
log into the prompt because of this.

Has anyone seen this before? We booted the system via the ISO again to
mount da1 and modify the /etc/ssh/sshd_config to allow root logins, but
those changes seem to be ignored when I attempt SSH (requires pubkey).

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thank you.

-Alex