Need help reducing gcc compiler warnings in BSD

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at FreeBSD.org
Fri Jul 10 07:52:30 PDT 2015

Hi,

I set up this Jenkins job which builds FreeBSD with gcc 4.9, and reports
all the compiler warnings here:

https://jenkins.freebsd.org/job/FreeBSD_HEAD_amd64_gcc4.9/177/warnings17Result/

I have been working with other people like Marcelo Araujo to
reduce the gcc compiler warnings on FreeBSD, even though
the default system compiler for FreeBSD is clang.
I have noticed that a lot of fixes to the problems have been down
in DragonFlyBSD.  I have imported some of these fixes, especially ones done
by
Sascha Wildner, such as this one:

https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/svn-src-head/2015-May/072562.html

Is there a way that we can collaborate across the FreeBSD and DragonFlyBSD
projects to reduce gcc compiler warnings?  That it would be quite nice.
It would make code easier to share, and improve the code overall.

Thanks.
--
Craig