Future big ticket items in Dragonfly?

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Wed Jul 8 16:15:48 PDT 2015

On Sunday, June 28, 2015 17:44:37 PeerCorps Trust Fund wrote:
> 2) Installer and console are unicode-aware (like in OpenBSD) so that typing
> in names that have umlauts and accents isn't an issue;

The shell should come up in UTF-8. In Linux, I can type a command with a non-
ASCII character and this happens:

phma at caracal:~$ tête
tête: command not found

In DragonFly (shelled in from Linux), I get this:

[phma at zyxomma ~]$ t1ascii t1asm t1binary t1disasm t1dotlessj t1lint t1mac
t1rawafm t1reencode t1testpage t1unmac t4ht tab2space tabs taglib-config tail
talk tangle tap2deb tap2rpm tapconvert tar targatorle tbl tcat tclsh8.4
tclsh8.5 tclsh8.6 tcopy tcpdchk tcpdmatch tcpdump tcplay tcsd tcsh tdbbackup
tdbdump tdbrestore tdbtool teachgammon teckit_compile tee telnet test
testAMRAudioStreamer testDVVideoStreamer testH264VideoStreamer
testH264VideoToTransportStream testH265VideoStreamer
testH265VideoToTransportStream testMKVStreamer testMP3Receiver testMP3Streamer
testMPEG1or2AudioVideoStreamer testMPEG1or2ProgramToTransportStream
testMPEG1or2Splitter testMPEG1or2VideoReceiver testMPEG1or2VideoStreamer
testMPEG2TransportReceiver testMPEG2TransportStreamTrickPlay
testMPEG2TransportStreamer testMPEG4VideoStreamer testOggStreamer
testOnDemandRTSPServer testRTSPClient testRelay testReplicator
testWAVAudioStreamer test_chmLib tex tex4ht texconfig texconfig-dialog texconfig-
sys texcount texdef texdiff texdirflatten texdoc texdoctk texexec texfot texhash
texlinks texliveonfly texloganalyser texmfstart textmode tfmtodit tftopl tftp
tgatoppm th_gen_idx.pl then thinkjettopbm thumbnail thumbpdf thunderbird tic
tidy tie tiff2bw tiff2pdf tiff2ps tiff2rgba tiffcmp tiffcp tiffcrop tiffdiff tiffdither
tiffdump tifficc tiffinfo tiffmedian tiffset tiffsplit tifftopnm tifftorle tificc time
timed timedc times tip tlmgr tmrdemo to8 toFloat toast tobw top tor tor-
gencert tor-resolve torify touch tpic2pdftex tpmtool tput tr traceroute
traceroute6 transicc trap trek trial troff trpt true truncate truss trust tset
tsort ttf2afm ttf2kotexfont ttf2pk ttf2tfm ttfdump ttftotype42 tty tunefs
twistd twm twolame txtconv type type1afm typeoutfileinfo typeset tzsetup te
t1ascii: t1asm: No such file or directory

Pierre
--
loi mintu se ckaji danlu cu jmaji