Query about dragonflybsd LiveCD

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 01:17:19 PDT 2015

Hello.

At the web page at
http://www.dragonflybsd.org/download/
is stated that the iso for dragonflybsd is a LiveCD, and the image is at
http://mirror-master.dragonflybsd.org/iso-images/dfly-x86_64-4.2.1_REL.iso.bz2
which is a bz2 file of about 200MB, which I have downloaded.

I did not see any instructions for dealing with this file, so, is it a
self-extracting iso file, such that the bz2 file is to be written to a
disc, and then the disc with the bz2 file, used for booting, or, is
the file required to be extracted to a directory which is then to be
written to the disc for booting?

Also, with the previous references to the mate GUI, does the iso image
come with mate incorporated into it, so that a user can boot the
LiveCD and thence examine the mate GUI?

Thank you in anticipation.

--
Bret Busby