Decreasing Boot Time + Booting into MATE

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Wed Jul 29 09:30:12 PDT 2015

The kms console is still experimental but we will be enabling it by default
soon.  You can enable it by putting this in your /boot/loader.conf:

kern.kms_console=1

In terms of boot times, there aren't any shortcuts available for the kernel
boot itself but you can reduce the menu time in the boot loader by setting
the autoboot_delay variable in your /boot/loader.conf.  For example:

autoboot_delay=2

-Matt