autoboot_delay="-1"?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Thu Jan 15 11:46:38 PST 2015

:Hi All,
:
:I am trying to find an autoboot_delay setting in loader.conf that does not allow the user to interrupt the boot process.
:
:So far I have tried the following:
:
:autoboot_delay="-1" - Defaults back to the 10 second timer.
:
:autoboot_delay="0" - Defaults back to the 10 second timer.
:
:autoboot_delay="NO" - Defaults back to the 10 second timer.
:
:autoboot_delay="1" - Is semi what I need, but it is still possible to interrupt the process with quick fingers.
:
:The following man pages were informative:
:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=loader&section=8
:
:http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/newhandbook/Booting/
:
:But I am still not able to achieve the desired effect.
:
:Is there something else that I have overlooked?
:
:Mike

    Not just /boot/loader (the menu), but boot1/boot2 can also be interrupted.
    The code would have to be modified to remove keyboard handling and prevent
    interruptability.

    As a separate item if someone wants to submit code to allow the
    autoboot_delay="0" case, I'll accept it.

					<dillon at backplane.com>